? ??????????????Leopard? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??207 Grabs Today. 2370 Total Grabs. ??????Prev
iew?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Red Reign? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??167 Grabs Today. 1451 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????By The Sea? ????? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Assignment # 8: The Necklace


There is a very famous quote “Better to fail with honor than succeed “, by Fraud. No matter what possession you are standing at, it is never good to do bad things. There is a time in everybody’s life when they have to choose the right thing or the wrong thing to do. If you are cheating in every task or challenge that life throws at you than you are just proving that you are weak and don’t have any self values. Then there is lying. Well there is a quote for that to “Lying rides upon debt's back”, by Benjamin Franklin, and “A lie can run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants”, by Mark Twain.

Lying can cause death. I can still remember this story as if it was yesterday. My family owned a bird. This bird was very talented and it could talk. About every day this bird would scream “help, help the cat is going to eat me", and all of us would run out to save it, but we would find out that there is no cat. Every time that the bird did that we went running outside and there would be no cat present. Until the day came that the lying caught up to the bird. It was a sunny day in Afghanistan and there was a hungry big black cat that was walking towards the bird. So he started to shout again " help, help, the cat is going to eat me", but nobody ran out to save him. So he shouted again "help, help the cat is going to eat me", again nobody responded. There was a loud noise of the cage drop and I ran out to see, but it was too late. The bird that was with us for so long had left us. It wasn't the cat that had killed him, but the lying had caught on.

Cheating is a success that lasts about the most one day. The moment you might think that there is no other choice, but there is because choosing the wrong path is going to only last a while, but in the long run it will effect you. Cheating is just like lying. There are many people in sports that try to take the easy way out by cheating themselves and not going all out in every practice, will once the time comes for them to perform, well it won't happen the way they think it is going to happen.

So weather you are lying or cheating that moment it might feel great, but just wait a while and it will catch up to you. So weather an athlete cheats himself in practice and takes a lot of shortcuts or a bird lying it will all turn around on you and nobody will believe you or you won’t perform good.

All of this leads to self respect like I would rather fail with honor than succeed with guilt. At least I can say to myself that I did the right thing every time I got the chance. No matter what the result was going to be as long as I respect myself than I have a chance of the world respecting me too. It starts on me than others. If I am not doing the right thing than how could I expect that from strangers or even family? There is this saying look at the big picture before you make a move, well that is what I live by. It is good to know the result of each decision you make.

0 comments: